Sunday, April 19, 2009

B9 & B12 - B14 (Secret Tunnels)

Noticing the cave behind the waterfall is difficult (requiring a DC 25 Perception check). If the Black Arrows have spoken with the party about the secret tunnels or if one of the Black Arrows points out the cave's location to them it is quite easy to locate (no Perception check required). Climbing up into the cave is a DC 15 Athletics check. Within the cave itself, characters must balance in order to walk across the bare floor of the cave (DC 20 Acrobatics check).

Shocker lizards await within the hidden armory (here, bluespawn stormlizards and juvenile behir thunderlances). They attack out of surprise when they notice the party. I suggest the following encounter for a party of five adventurers:

Total: 2,200 xp (Level 9 Encounter)

In addition to the stock of mundane weaponry located in this cave, treasure parcel 1 from level 8 can be found in one of the crates.

The bridge over the ravine in area B14 still threatens to collapse. Its stat block can be found below. At the bottom of the ravine are a pouch containing seven large rubies worth 100 gold pieces each (treasure parcel 9 from level 9) and treasure parcel 3 from level 9.

Stat block:

2 comments:

Brett Day said...

I saw from your comments on the Paizo message board that you're also running an undated Return To The Tomb of Horrors. I'm running the 3.5 version of ToH now (converted to 4e) and am interested in running Return at some point. Do you still have any of the conversion stuff? If you could email me, that'd be the best way to talk about this, I'm arncharl@aol.com

Scott said...

I'm not the one who ran the Return to the Tomb of Horrors game. I just played in it. As a result, I don't really have any of the info on the conversion. I've poked the DM a couple of times about compiling all the info and making it available to the community, though. I'll give it another shot.